Hello Everyone,
My name is Basel Bdair and I was born on the 21st of July 2000. Which makes me 16 years old, Born in Windsor,Canada but originally coming from Palestine where both my parents were born and raised allows me to take pride of my heritage as well as allowing me to enjoy the cultural aspects of the country I was born in. However being raised in the UAE and attending Raha International School has given me the opportunity to learn about many other cultures and other beliefs.

Being able to write blogs is one of my interests as it allows me to discuss and express my opinion on a specific topic or just being able to have the freedom to talk about any topic.  My interest do vary from different things, On one hand I love watching and playing some sports as well as reading articles about many things, Mostly conspiracies theories mainly because the facts that they give to support their idea are interesting as some of their theories do really make you think "It may be a conspiracy theory after all" Due to the solid evidence that their theories have to support their claim.

Grade 11 is a big change for all of us, And this goes for every student, Even if you've been attending Raha for 6 years like myself, Or if its your first year in the school , Grade 11 is the start of IB which is what we've all been preparing for since the very start of Grade 6. This year will defiantly be one of the more challenging academic  years that we will face due to the changes in the grading, Classes and content that we will be studying, With every new school year comes new goals that we try to complete within the 10 months of this school year. Personally one of my goals for this year is to try and use this blogs as much as i possibly can for various reasons, One of them are the grading aspects that come into play with the blogs. Mr Michael emphasised the difference in updating your blogs can have with your overall grade, If Mr.Michael is ever stuck in what grade the student deserves then he uses the blog posts to help him decide what grade level the student deserves, So really the blog can be the difference between the 5 or the 6 grade level. The second reason is the idea of using the blog, Personally creative writing or even discussing topics that can relate to yourself on a personal levee and sharing your opinion is really exciting, One thing for sure is that the Blog posts won't feel like "Homework" but more like a hobby.  And the second goal for this school year is being a organised as I possibly can. Making sure that all my deadlines are met and making sure that every resource that Mr.Michael gives us is studied and understood to the best of my ability to make sure that when the exams come around June then I am 100% ready for it and can hopefully achieve the best grade possible ( 6). And my last goal for this academic year is to enjoy the subjects i am taking, Especially the Language and Literature course  because it is  really enjoyable course and it is something that I would love to take to my Uni course and even a career path.

Language does play a vital part in my life, At home I normally speak Arabic with my family, However when it comes to school and friends I always talk english as i find it easier to communicate with my friends in english rather than arabic. Studying language is a very important subject to make study due to the many advantages that it brings a person, Language is our modern society is used to express peoples opinion's in many different formats. Some do it in a poetic sense while others express it in the creative way of writing, Or lyrically with music.


Comments

  1. When did you gain the hobby of reading/watching conspiracy theories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Basel! I would like to say that I really admire the way you set the goal for your self to achieve a 6 or higher in HL Lang and Lit. You seem very driven and motivated, which is a quality that is very important for all subjects. Your goal for becoming more organized is another thing that I admire because this quality will help you do very well in the DP program and being able to pass with very high marks. Please keep up the work Basel.

    Hassan M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would be your biggest pet peeve for a teacher, and or work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a good introductory post. I think it is important to set goals for yourself in order to achieve your best. 6 in HL Language and Literature is an ambitious goal, but with hard work is certainly achievable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment